Mendy over at Modern Charm is having a little contest. It’s another meme, but I love contests and things in the mail, so I’ll give it a shot. I’m supposed to tell you six weird things about myself. Then I’m supposed to tag 6 more bloggers to list six weird things about themselves. See below my list for more on that bit.
- I love childrens books. I’m definitely out of the child age range, but I still love the books. One of my favorites: The Twits, by Roald Dahl.
- I collect fortune cookie fortunes and have for years. I have a giant pile of them in my desk. Here’s the most recent fortune I received: “Be alert for new opportunities – pleasure or business.”
- Speaking of fortune cookies, my brother and I had planned to develop “Misfortune Cookies.” You’d open them up, and they would say mean things to you. We never got around to it. It’s still a good idea.
- I have lived in 6 different states in my life: 2 east coast, 2 west coast-ish, 2 midwest. I prefer the coast. Either one.
- I couldn’t swallow pills for 22 years, which really worried my mom. One day, I just decided that I could. I never knew how great it could be to take something for a headache!
- I can’t dance. At all. I have no rhythm. It’s just not there.
Now for the tagging bit. Modern Charm is giving a headband to the first 6 people that tag themselves for this little meme. I like that, and since (if you read my previous “about me” meme) you know I don’t like outright tagging people, here’s the deal: Anyone, not just 6 people, can choose to tag themselves with this little meme between now and August 23, 2007. If you blog, put your answers on your blog and leave me a comment here to let me know you did. If you don’t blog, feel free to share your answers in a comment. Anyone who shares 6 facts about themselves in either of these ways will be entered into a drawing for a prize, which I will mail to you! There will only be one winner. I’m not sure what the prize will be just yet… I’m going to make it just for you! It might be a zippered pouch.
6 thoughts on “More About Me… and You?”
No rhythm. Welcome to the family! Your mother can no longer claim to be an alien.
At my wedding, my FIL asked why I couldn’t dance while he was attempting to waltz with me. Course, my own Dad wouldn’t dance either, so I guess I should be glad someone’s father would 🙂
Your blog site is so pretty. Love the colors! I think the “misfortune” cookie thing is a fabulous idea! You must do it!
“Misfortune Cookies”…what a great idea!!
Alright, I’m game. I’ve done your meme on my site. Unfortunately, I can’t tag anyone else since I don’t know anyone else. Maybe later.
Funny! I save all my fortunes as well! They are everywhere; in jars and drawers, wallets and pockets! And I also have no rhythm! There was some game we all use to play as girls, where you have to snap your fingers and slap your knees while saying something… I always was immediately eliminated. The shame still lingers with me!
I don’t have a blog. (Well I tried it twice and I just can’t seem to do it. )
So here 6 weird things about me.
1. I can’t sleep without my neck covered with the blankets.
2. I only like eating corn on the cob. Once it’s cut off the cob, I don’t like to eat it.
3. I have 6 inside cats. But they never get to come in my craftroom.
4. I have hairs on my toes and i can curl my tongue. And if I’m remembering my biology correctly, both of those traits are recessive. But don’t hole me to that.
5. I don’t have a TV that is hooked up to cable or an antenna. Most people find this very strange. But when DH and I bought our hour 5 years ago, we were flat broke and couldn’t afford it the first few months. And now we are used to it and can’t think of a reason we should get cable. (But I couldn’t live without DSL for the computer.)
6. At almost 34, I can count on my fingers the number of times I’ve worn make-up in my life. I just never liked it.
I’ve enjoyed poking around your blog and etsy store. Thanks for a chance to win.