Mendy over at Modern Charm is having a little contest. It’s another meme, but I love contests and things in the mail, so I’ll give it a shot. I’m supposed to tell you six weird things about myself. Then I’m supposed to tag 6 more bloggers to list six weird things about themselves. See below my list for more on that bit.
- I love childrens books. I’m definitely out of the child age range, but I still love the books. One of my favorites: The Twits, by Roald Dahl.
- I collect fortune cookie fortunes and have for years. I have a giant pile of them in my desk. Here’s the most recent fortune I received: “Be alert for new opportunities – pleasure or business.”
- Speaking of fortune cookies, my brother and I had planned to develop “Misfortune Cookies.” You’d open them up, and they would say mean things to you. We never got around to it. It’s still a good idea.
- I have lived in 6 different states in my life: 2 east coast, 2 west coast-ish, 2 midwest. I prefer the coast. Either one.
- I couldn’t swallow pills for 22 years, which really worried my mom. One day, I just decided that I could. I never knew how great it could be to take something for a headache!
- I can’t dance. At all. I have no rhythm. It’s just not there.
Now for the tagging bit. Modern Charm is giving a headband to the first 6 people that tag themselves for this little meme. I like that, and since (if you read my previous “about me” meme) you know I don’t like outright tagging people, here’s the deal: Anyone, not just 6 people, can choose to tag themselves with this little meme between now and August 23, 2007. If you blog, put your answers on your blog and leave me a comment here to let me know you did. If you don’t blog, feel free to share your answers in a comment. Anyone who shares 6 facts about themselves in either of these ways will be entered into a drawing for a prize, which I will mail to you! There will only be one winner. I’m not sure what the prize will be just yet… I’m going to make it just for you! It might be a zippered pouch.