With all that’s been going on in my life lately, 2008 has snuck up on me. So, 5 days late, I’m thinking about the year ahead and what I would like to do with it. I’ve read other blog posts about resolutions and I think I should set some down, too. It’s easier to get where you’re going if you have an idea of where that is.
- Continue to make changes and choices that are healthier for me and the environment.
- I am going to make myself a set of canvas grocery bags, to cut down on plastic waste.
- I am going to continue to try to clean my home with natural ingredients. If you haven’t already, I recommend that you pick up a copy of Michael De Jong’s Clean: The Humble Art of Zen-Cleansing. It’s a wonderful, affordable little book.
- I will try to use more recycled packaging when I ship my Etsy orders.
- Check out Broomhuggers great eco-friendly suggestions for 2008.
- Reach 100 Etsy sales.
- Develop a time management plan.
- I have never been particularly good at managing my time. I stay up too late and, consequently, get up too late. (Or get up early because I have to and spend the day exhausted.) I know this directly affects how much I am able to accomplish. I have a lot of personal and professional things I want to accomplish this year, and I already know I can’t do that if I continue to sally forth without a plan. So this year, I’m going to make a plan and follow it.
- Finish outstanding 2007 projects before committing myself to new 2008 projects.
- KT’s bag.
- Sheetal’s bag.
- Grandpa’s quilt.
- Double wedding ring quilt.
- That school stuff I don’t like to think about.
3 thoughts on “It’s 2008 Already?”
I just ordered a copy of the Clean book. Glad you posted it! With all my creatures, I need to be using safer products.
Best wishes on your resolutions! I appreciate the environmental focus. I’ve found a whole bundle of canvas bags at thrift stores. I keep on hung on my back door nob and another in the car. That way, I seldom leave home without one! 🙂
sounds like good resolutions, time management…think i’ll add that to mine as well.. i started a new blog for mine 🙂