What are the things you do or use everytime you go online? Do you have a regular site you have to visit or a web-based email you have to check?
I’m a creature of habit, and I’ve been thinking about my Internet habits lately. I’ve noticed that there are a few things I do everyday. Since I’m also a list-making creature, I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of the things I always do online.
- Check Gmail – “Check” may not be the most accurate word. More accurately, I run Gmail notifier in my system tray, so my computer is automatically checking my email for me every minute I’m in front of the computer.
- Check Google Reader – I love being able to consolidate all my favorite blog feeds in one place, and knowing when there’s a new post to read!
- Visit Etsy – I check my shop for new hearts and see what’s going on in the forums. If it’s a weekday, I look for the daily blog love post to announce to the world that there’s a new post on Anodyne Design.
- Check the news – I read CNN.com and AZCentral.
- Check MySpace.
- Check any waiting stumbles on StumbleUpon (and if I don’t have any waiting, I stumble a few random pages.)
- Chastize myself for “checking” so many things when I could be doing something productive.
So that’s what I do online everyday. What are you doing?
One thought on “Everyday Internet Use”
My list is very similar! Except, I also sell on eBay, so I also check for bidders… and I go to school online, so I check that, too.
Come to think of it, I spend a lot of time in front of the computer.