As the holidays fast approach, this blog seems to suffer a bit. My handmade holiday project list is long, and I’ve been working hard on it (and end-of-the-semester school tasks.) I’d love to share my entire list here, but I don’t want to give away all my secrets to possible recipients. I guess that’s the drawback to having family care about your blog. One thing I am working on is another quilted bag, for SciFi Man’s grandmother. I should have that done today. The quilt is still in progress, but it should be finished in time.
How is all your holiday crafting going? As if your plate wasn’t full enough, here are few more crafty holiday ideas I’ve seen lately:
- Chia over at Chia’s House of Stir Fry recently hosted a holiday cookie exchange, which included good food, tasty cookies, games, and prizes. And, I suspect, her delicious eggnog. This would be a great way to gather with friends this season. Who doesn’t love a plate full of handmade cookies?
- Heather Bailey suggests making a garland out of yo yo’s (and if you don’t know how to make yo yo’s, she’s got a tutorial for that, too.)
- Moonstitches has a great pattern for a holiday zakka owl pennant.
- Button Trees at Tutti Fruiti, Two Peas in a Bucket, and Ali Edwards.
- Felted Wool Star Ornaments at the Purl Bee.
2 thoughts on “Handmade Holiday Ideas: Parties and Decoration”
The owls and stars are both so cute, thanks for the links.
I love the yo yos garland, so pretty!
And the felted stars too!